Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Kitchen Tip: Break an Egg

Eggs are a common ingredient when cooking and baking. When you break an egg and a bit of shell lands in the bowl with your egg it can be difficult to fish the shell out of the bowl. Here is a valuable tip. Use half an egg shell to dip the broken bit of shell out from the egg in the bowl. The broken bit is magically attracted to the egg shell in your hand. Generally, with one scoop the eggshell is removed from the eggs and you can proceed with your cooking.



This photo doesn't quite do it justice -- before you criticize, you might try holding and scooping a broken bit of eggshell out with one hand while taking a picture with the other and trying not to drop your camera into a bowl of eggs!

Do I hear someone saying I should get an assitant??



2 comments:

  1. Patty,
    I'll try this. However, I was taught to crak the egg on the counter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thing anyone who had had to crack eggs for has had to deal with eggshells. I know crack my eggs on the counter, this helps. As for getting an assistant -- that's a nice luxery (sp) if you can afford one. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete