Saturday, November 7, 2009

What's for Dinner?: A Sushi Party

We were lucky to be invited to the home of friends, Chris and Erich, for a Sushi Dinner.

When we arrived we were put to work helping prep, slicing green onions, cucumbers, avocado, etc. I showed young Max my way of removing the pit from an avocado. He loved it!

Then Max showed me how to dip my fingers in water and spread the prepared rice really thinly on the seaweed.

Then, we used a choice of fillings tuna, shrimp, avocado, red pepper, green onions, sprouts, sauces, etc. and then carefully rolled the sushi, pressing the roll together using our sushi rolling mats.

It was a terrific feast!

In the pictures below, you see my rolling making my first sushi roll, our friend Peter (who looks a little intense rolling) and finally, the platter of delicious sushi rolls. Thanks, Chris & Erich!

No comments:

Post a Comment